F Visit my new FUN FACTS page about QSL Cards.
Just a few of my favorite links:
Dashtoons: If you need a great illustration for your QSL card give Jeff K1NSS a call. Ham Universe : EXCELLENT site just chock full of info. Be sure to check out the ANTENNA section. 17/21 Group : Friendly ragchew group on 1.871 every night 72 Ragchew : Friendly ragchew group on 7.272 every morning Nightwatch: Another great group on 7.192 every evening DX Publishing: Weekly email newsletter and bi-monthly printed magazine Daily DX : Weekly and Daily email DX Newsletter N0HR : Very nice toolbar, take a look. NG3K - Announced DX Operations WB2JKJ - EDUCOM - The Radio Club of Junior High School 22 NYC W8JYZ - QSL Cards from the Past Jim's Engraving - Be Sure to visit my friend Jim for that special engraved gift. (Mugs, Signs, & Crystal)
Here's a few tips that will help you make a great QSL Card:
- Supplied graphics should be 300DPI and saved as an JPEG, EPS or TIFF files. We can accept almost any format, though.
- When using your digital camera, always shoot your images at the highest resolution the camera is capable of shooting.
- Logos / photos on the Internet are 72dpi and generally too low resolution for print reproduction. They are meant for screen resolution and will reproduce poorly when printed. Try to get the logo from the organization. Many times they are on their website or you can email the webmaster and request a hi res version.
- PHOTOGRAPHS - If you have photographs please send them to me so I can scan them for you on my professional scanner giving you the best quality reproduction possible. (No add'l charge !!) Most desktop scanners reproduce images for webpages and home printing just fine, but very poorly for high end printing.
- FONTS - Download a pdf of fonts you can use to design your QSL card.
- Rough layouts and sketches are always welcome in MS Word, Publisher, or PDF's. Final production of your card is produced in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Stop by eHam and see my reviews
FDownload a pdf of my detailed Tips Sheet.
QSL Cards with stories I think you'll enjoy.
Stock Photography - If you need images for your QSL card try these sites...Images are typically about $10 each.